Officials from the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) have released information on various lane closures and updates due to ongoing projects:
Expect overnight closures on I-27 from Rockwell Road to McCormick Road for pavement coring operations:
– Crews will work on I-27 northbound from 8 p.m. to midnight on Monday, June 6. Traffic will be routed to frontage road I-27 northbound.
– Southbound I-27 will be closed from 11 p.m. Monday, June 6 to 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 7. Traffic will be routed to the I-27 frontage road southbound between McCormick Road and Rockwell Road.
– On Tuesday, June 7, northbound I-27 will be reduced to one lane from McCormick Road to SL335 (Hollywood Road) from 8 p.m. to midnight.
– Southbound I-27 will be reduced to one lane from 11 p.m. Tuesday, June 6 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 8.
Postponed: On Tuesday, June 7, the on-ramp to I-27 from 34th Avenue will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. This will allow our contractor to safely drill under the highway for a light pole.
– On Tuesday, June 7, the left and center lanes of Fillmore Street will be closed toward downtown for concrete pavement repairs.
– On Wednesday, June 8, the southbound lane of FM 1912 will be closed to I-40 for patching repairs.
I-40 Sign Installations
– On Monday, June 6, the right lane and shoulder of westbound I-40 will be closed near Dowell Road for approximately five hours.
– On Tuesday, June 7, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., traffic on I-40 eastbound will be moved to the frontage road at Arnot Road while crews work on the foundations of a large sign. Once through the intersection, traffic will re-enter the freeway just east of Arnot Road. Flaggers may be present.
– Wednesday, June 8, the left lane and shoulder of I-40 westbound frontage road just west of the Soncy Street exit to just west of Soncy Road. It will be closed for about eight hours.
– On Thursday, June 9, the Helium Road exit from I-40 westbound and the shoulder will be closed for approximately five hours.
SL 335/Hollywood Road from I-27 to Coulter Street
– Beginning Wednesday, June 8, and for approximately four weeks, the southbound I-27 frontage route will be closed from the Bell Street entrance ramp to SL 335 (Hollywood Road). Traffic will be moved to the interior lane while our contractor constructs the exterior frontage lane. Thunder Drive will shut down completely.
– Beginning Wednesday, June 8 and for approximately four weeks, the northbound I-27 frontage road will be closed from SL 335 to just north of Ventra Drive. Traffic will be moved to the interior lane while our contractor constructs the exterior frontage lane.
– From Thursday, June 9 through Monday, June 13, northbound I-27 frontage road will be closed at Ventura Drive as well as the Love’s Truck Stop driveway from the frontage road while our contractor constructs the intersection and driveway .
– From Monday, June 13 through Friday, June 17, the northbound I-27 frontage road will be closed to the Motel 6 driveway while our contractor constructs the driveway.
Continue to expect various lane changes at SL 335 and Coulter Street.
Please drive with caution and reduce your speed in all work areas. All projects are subject to change due to weather conditions, emergency works and other unforeseen events. For the most up-to-date road conditions, visit www.drivetexas.org.