The City of New Bedford has roadworks for the upcoming week of June 13, 2022 through June 17, 2022, and they are as follows
Eversource will work on the main gas relays:
• Main relay on Phillips Rd. from Holly Tree Lane to Route 140
• Main relay on Nauset St. from Mt. Pleasant to Hathaway Rd.
• Main Relay on Wood St. & Belleville Ave.
• The City (DPI) will carry out work at the intersection of Rockdale Avenue and Allen Street for the assembly of the water main. Diversions will be in place during working hours. The shutdown of the water main must take place, all departments concerned will receive a 24 hour notice with the date, time and estimated duration of the shutdown.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the Union Street-Phase II road reconstruction project (Sixth Street to County Street).
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the following roads in preparation for repaving the top layer: Orchard Street (Union St to Arnold St), Weld Street (Summer St to Myrtle St), Gifford St (Morton Ct to terminus) and Valentine Street (intersection of Brock Ave and intersection of W. Rodney French Blvd). Wet weather the previous week caused a delay in the paving schedule.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work on the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, new traffic light operations and signal installations.
• The contractor (JH Lynch) will continue work on the MassDOT project, improvements at the Rockdale Avenue and Allen Street intersections.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work to reconstruct sidewalks along part of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets throughout the city for minor repairs and installations.
• The contractor (PA Landers) will work to install a sewer main on the sidewalk on Cedar Street from Hillman Street to North Street.
• The contractor (INDUS) will seal cracks on various roads throughout the city.
• The contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue work on site at the locations of future South Coast Rail station platforms in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have any questions, please email the project team at [email protected]